Import or Create Shamir Backup
Keystone supports the importing and creation of SLIP39 Shamir Backups. To learn more about Shamir Backup, visit our blog.
Setup the Keystone Essential or Pro and get into the [Create/Import Wallet] page.
- Create a Wallet with Shamir Backup
1. Click [Create Wallet] > [Create a Wallet with Shamir Backup].
2. Set the number of shares and treshold. Click [Confirm]. Then read the security tips carefully and click [Confirm].
3. Custodians can start to back up the shares one by one. Click [Confirm] > [I UNDERSTOOD] > write down the share and click [Recovery Phrase Saved] > [Next Step] > Verify the backup and click [Confirm] > [Confirm] > give the device to the next custodian.
4. Repeat step 3. When the last custodian completes the backup and clicks [Confirm], the Keystone will start to create a Wallet with the Shamir backup.
- Import a Wallet with Shamir Backup
1. Click [Import Wallet] > [Import a Wallet with Shamir Backup].
2. Select recovery phrase length and click [Next].
3. Custodians can start to import shares one by one. Input share and click [Next share] > [Confirm].
4. When the last custodian completes the importing phase and clicks [Next share], the Keystone will start to import a Vault with the Shamir backup.
If everything went fine, you should have the Wallet loaded with a Shamir backup!
Last modified 1mo ago