(New) How to sync Keystone with compatible software wallets?
M-9.10 update connectivity with multi-chain on popular software wallets such as MetaMask, Keplr, Safe, BlueWallet, and more, thereby enhancing the user experience with ease.
This tutorial will guide you through connecting software wallets, signing transactions, and managing assets on the M-9.10 version of Keystone Hardware Wallet, which features a revamped UI design. We will use the Keystone Companion App as an example to demonstrate the steps involved.
- 1.Before you begin, make sure your Keystone device is updated to Firmware version M-9.10 (Multi-Coin) or later. If you need assistance updating your firmware, refer to the “How to upgrade your firmware” tutorial.
- 2.Additionally, you need to install the software wallet you want to use. Check the “Supported Wallets and Coins” page to find a compatible wallet.
- 1.Hold the Keystone Hardware Wallet in your hand and navigate to the menu page. Tap the [Connect Software Wallet] button.
- 2.Choose the software wallet you want to connect with. For example, you can select Keystone Companion App or other wallets such as MetaMask, Keplr, or BlueWallet.
- 3.Select the assets you want to manage on Keystone Companion App and tap [Confirm]. A QR code will appear.
- 4.Find the [Connect Hardware Wallet] button on the software wallet and scan the QR code displayed on Keystone using the camera. Your wallet should now be paired successfully. On Keystone Companion App, tap the scan button to sync/add Keystone Hardware Wallet.
Tap the scan button on Keystone Hardware Wallet to sign any transaction on its compatible software wallet.
Let's say you have started a transaction on the Keystone Companion App.
- 1.Tap the coin you want to send, then tap [Send] and enter the recipient's address and amount. Confirm the transaction and a QR code will appear, requesting a signature from the Keystone device.
- 2.Hold Keystone Hardware Wallet in your hand and tap the scan button on Keystone to view the transaction details. Enter your password or unlock it with the fingerprint scanner, and a QR code will appear.
- 3.On Keystone Companion App, tap [Scan the QR code on Keystone] to scan the QR code displayed on Keystone Hardware Wallet.
- 1.Hold your Keystone device in hand and tap the […] on the main page. Then tap [Manage Assets] to view the assets list.
- 2.Check the assets you want to see on the main page.
- 3.Tap a coin to view its exact address.
- 4.On this page, you can add more addresses, change the address type, or export XPub.
- 1.Changing the address type or path is only available on BTC, ETH, and Near
- 2.Exporting XPub is only available on BTC.
Change BTC's address type
Export BTC Xpub
That's it! You now know how to connect software wallets, sign transactions, and manage assets on the M-9.10 version of Keystone Hardware Wallet with its revamped UI design.