With firmware versions V1.1.1 (BTC-Only) or newer, you can set Specter V1.4.6 or newer as a watch-only wallet that functions as the companion app for Keystone Essential or Pro.
2. Specter V1.4.6 or newer installed and running on PC/Mac.
3. MicroSD card (FAT32 format, capacity not exceeding 512 GB).
1. Click [+ Add new device] > Select your device type [Keystone] and enter the name.
2. You can choose to use a QR code or import a .json file to get the Xpub of the recovery phrase imported to Keystone.
1) Keystone > [Menu] > [Watch-Only Wallet] > Select [Generic Wallet] and Touch [Confirm] > Touch [•••] > Select [Export Wallet] and show the QR code.
2) Specter > click [Scan QR Code], then scan the QR code shown on Keystone.
1) Insert the microSD card into Keystone > Touch [Menu] > [Watch-Only Wallet] > Select [Generic Wallet] > Touch [•••] > Select [Export Wallet] > Touch [touch here…] > [Export].
2) Take out the MircoSD card from your Keystone and insert it into a PC/Mac.
3) On Specter: Click on [Uplaod from SD Card], then select and open the [p2wpkh-pubkey.txt] file exported from Keystone.
3. Click [Continue], add Keystone successfully.
1. Click [+ Add new wallet] on Specter and select [Single key wallet].
2. Select the [Keystone] device and click [Continue].
3. Set the wallet name and click [Create wallet].
4. Add Keystone simple wallet successfully.
1. On Keystone: Touch [Addresses] to display the receiving addresses.
2. On Specter: Select your wallet (e.g. Keystone Single Sig Wallet) > Click on [Receive] to display the receiving address.
1) Select your wallet (e.g. Keystone Single Sig Wallet) > Click one [Send] > [New] > Input the recipient address and amount > [Create unsigned transaction].
2) Create the transaction successfully.
You can choose sign the transaction on Keystone via QR code or mircoSD card.
1) On Specter: Click on [Keystone] > [Sign with QR codes] > Specter displays the unsigned transaction data as a QR code format.
2) Keystone > Press the [Scan] icon > Scan the QR code show on Specter interface > [Sign] > Enter the password and press [Confirm].
3) On Specter: Click on [Scan signed transaction] > Scan the QR code shown on Keystone.
1) On Specter: Click on [Keystone] > [Sign with SD Card file] > [save transaction to file] > click [Save] to save the unsigned transaction file to microSD card.
2) Take out the MircoSD card from a PC/Mac and insert it into your Keystone.
3) On Keystone: Press the [microSD card] icon > Select and open the unsigned transaction file > [Sign] > Password verification > Press [touch here...] to export signed transaction file to microSD card.
4) Take out the microSD card from your Keystone and insert it into PC/Mac.
5) On Specter: Click on [Upload signed transaction], then select and open the signed transaction file exported from Keystone.
Keystone signed successfully and you can choose to broadcast the transaction immediately or later.