2. Computer: For visiting the online beginner's guide, interact with the provided the web authentication tool, and download the firmware upgrade file.
3. A MicroSD card (Default FAT32 format and capacity not exceeding 512GB.）
4. A MicroSD card reader (Not necessary if your laptop has a microSD card port.)
5. Recovery phrase paper or metal tablet: For storing your recovery phrase (seed or secret words).
Step 1. Web Authentication
1. Press and hold the “Power” button for 3s to boot up your Keystone.
2. Choose a system language , in this case, [English], then select [Next] > [It's ready, start].
3. Visit Web Authentication interface in Keystone official website on your laptop or mobile phone. Click [Authenticate] to display the Web Authentication QR code.
5. Tap [Scan QR Code] on your Keystone device. Scan the QR code displayed on the "Web Authentication" page and your Keystone device will show an 8-digit verification code.
Tip: Please readjust the QR code size with the slide bar below the QR code if you are experiencing any difficulties scanning the QR code with your Keystone device.
6. Enter the 8-digit verification code on the web page and click on [Verify].
7. If the web page says “Your Device is Secure!”, tap [Success] on your Keystone device.
Did you know?
Web Authentication tools help prevent supply chain attacks. If the device has been tampered with in any way, the authentication will fail. For more information on how Web Authentication works, visit our blog.
Step 2. Set a Strong Password
1. Password Length: At least 10 characters.
2. Must include upper and lower case letters and digits. symbols are allowed.
Did you know?
After the Keystone imports a recovery phrase, the password can be used to sign transactions (private keys will call a password for signature). This means your cryptocurrencies can be sent out if your password is leaked. Please set a strong password instead of using simple passwords like names or birthdays as this may make it easier for an attacker to force their access to your recovery phrase.
Step 3. Firmware Upgrade
Upgrading your firmware to the latest version allows you to benefit from new features is highly recommended.
A. You can click the page link below to check the specific operation in firmware upgrading tutorial for :
Preparation: Recovery phrase paper or metal tablet.
Performing the following steps in public places or with others around is NOT recommended.
Be sure to write down and store your recovery phrase (seed or secret words) in secure locations.
1. Create Wallet
If you do not have a recovery phrase or need to generate a new recovery phrase, please select [Create Wallet].
a. Tap [Create Wallet], then enter password and tap [Confirm], then tap [Create a Wallet with Single Backup] > [I UNDERSTAND] (please carefully read the prompts on your Keystone device).
b. Carefully record the recovery phrase while it is being displayed. You may want to use a metal tablet for a higher degree of permanence. Then select [Recovery Phrase Saved] > [Next Step].
c. Input the recovery phrase and select [Confirm] to create the wallet.
2. Import Wallet
If you already have a recovery phrase, you can select [Import Wallet]. We still recommend users to create a new recovery phrase since using an old recovery phrase would also import any associated risks with it (examples include having entered your recovery phrase on a mobile phone connected to the internet or taking/saving pictures of the recovery phrase on a mobile phone, etc).
a. Tap [Import Wallet], then enter password and tap [Confirm] > [Import a Wallet with Single Backup], then select recovery phrase length and tap [Next].
b. Enter your recovery phrase. Tap [Import Wallet] to finish importing your wallet.
Tip: Keystone supports importing 12/18/24-word recovery phrases and generating 24-word recovery phrases by default.
Did you know?
The recovery phrase entails complete ownership of the cryptocurrency. If your Keystone is lost or stolen, the recovery phrase is the only way to retrieve your assets. Please make sure you have physically backed up your recovery phrase instead of saving it as photo or other format on any device which may connect to the internet. Air-gapped mobile phones, air-gapped laptops, and USB sticks have larger attack surfaces so we strongly advise against using them to save your recovery phrase.
Step 5. Choose the Proper Companion App and Add Assets
Once you have successfully created/imported a wallet on your Keystone device, you can select a companion software wallet. This allows you to view your balance and create transactions.
1. Select a proper companion software wallet based on your needs. In this tutorial, we’ll be selecting the [Keystone Companion App] and show you how to pair your Keystone device with the Keystone Companion App in Step 6.
2. Select the [Cryptocurrency] you want to manage and tap the [√] icon on the top right corner of the screen.