Setting Up Keystone (New)
If your Keystone is running firmware versions older than M-4.5 (Multi-coin), please refer to the set up below:
The Keystone Hardware Wallet will help you create your cryptocurrency wallet in a secure and offline environment.
1. Keystone with battery level 70% or above.
2. Computer: For visiting the online beginner's guide, interact with the provided the web authentication tool, and download the firmware upgrade file.
3. A MicroSD card (Default FAT32 format and capacity not exceeding 512GB.）
4. A MicroSD card reader (Not necessary if your laptop has a microSD card port.)
5. Recovery phrase paper or metal tablet: For storing your recovery phrase (seed or secret words).
1. Press and hold the “Power” button for 3s to boot up your Keystone.
2. Choose a system language , in this case, [English], then select [Next] > [It's ready, start].
5. Tap [Scan QR Code] on your Keystone device. Scan the QR code displayed on the "Web Authentication" page and your Keystone device will show an 8-digit verification code.
6. Enter the 8-digit verification code on the web page and click on [Verify].
7. If the web page says “Your Device is Secure!”, tap [Success] on your Keystone device.
1. Password Length: At least 10 characters.
2. Must include upper and lower case letters and digits. symbols are allowed.
Upgrading your firmware to the latest version allows you to benefit from new features is highly recommended.
1. Insert the microSD card into your computer.
3. Unzip the downloaded package and copy the "update.zip" file to the root directory of your microSD card.
4. Take out the microSD card from your PC and insert it into the Keystone.
5. Press [Update Now] > Check the sha256 and then select [Update Now] > Enter password to start updating.
Preparation: Recovery phrase paper or metal tablet.
If you do not have a recovery phrase or need to generate a new recovery phrase, please select [Create Wallet].
a. Tap [Create Wallet], then enter password and tap [Confirm], then tap [Create a Wallet with Single Backup] > [I UNDERSTAND] (please carefully read the prompts on your Keystone device).
b. Carefully record the recovery phrase while it is being displayed. You may want to use a metal tablet for a higher degree of permanence. Then select [Recovery Phrase Saved] > [Next Step].
c. Input the recovery phrase and select [Confirm] to create the wallet.
If you already have a recovery phrase, you can select [Import Wallet]. We still recommend users to create a new recovery phrase since using an old recovery phrase would also import any associated risks with it (examples include having entered your recovery phrase on a mobile phone connected to the internet or taking/saving pictures of the recovery phrase on a mobile phone, etc).
a. Tap [Import Wallet], then enter password and tap [Confirm] > [Import a Wallet with Single Backup], then select recovery phrase length and tap [Next].
b. Enter your recovery phrase. Tap [Import Wallet] to finish importing your wallet.
Tip: Keystone supports importing 12/18/24-word recovery phrases and generating 24-word recovery phrases by default.
Once you have successfully created/imported a wallet on your Keystone device, you can select a companion software wallet. This allows you to view your balance and create transactions.
1. Select a proper companion software wallet based on your needs. In this tutorial, we’ll be selecting the [Keystone Companion App] and show you how to pair your Keystone device with the Keystone Companion App in Step 6.
2. Select the [Cryptocurrency] you want to manage and tap the [√] icon on the top right corner of the screen.
1. Press [Display QR Code] on the Keystone device to display the QR Code for syncing purposes.
2. Open the Keystone Companion App and tap [Bind]. Scan the QR code displayed on the Keystone hardware wallet.
3. If you have difficulty scanning the QR code, please tap [Difficulty scanning?...] and try again.
More details about syncing with the Keystone Companion App, please refer to the below:
We hope this guide will be useful when you first time setting up your Keystone!