To improve the stability of your Keystone Pro/Essential device, upgrade its firmware by following these steps:
Upgrading the firmware is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps.
- 1.Insert the MicroSD memory card into the Keystone device. Gently press the SD card into the card slot until you hear a click to confirm it is properly inserted.
- 2.On the homepage, click "Menu" > "Settings" > "System Settings" > "Format TF Card" > "Confirm" > Format successful.
- 1.Insert the MicroSD memory card into the card reader.
- 2.Download the appropriate version and save the "update.zip" file onto the root directory of your MicroSD card.
Ensure that the only file on your MicroSD card is the "update.zip" file. Remove any other files such as "M-10.2" or "B-3.4" to allow the device to read the file directly.
For instance, if you downloaded M-10.2, unzip the file by double-clicking on "M-10.2". Then, locate the unzipped "M-10.2" folder and move the "update.zip" file to the root directory of your MicroSD card.
- 1.Insert the MicroSD memory card into the Keystone device.
- 2.Compare the SHA256 and upgrade. If an "update" pop-up appears within 30 seconds, make sure to verify the SHA256 provided on the device with the one found on the official website.
*The SHA256 hash provided in the picture is for package M-10.2.
- 3.If the pop-up doesn't appear, you can access the menu button and navigate to [Settings], then tap [Version]. If that doesn't work, try restarting the device and attempting again.
Please consider the following troubleshooting steps:
- 1.Insert the MicroSD card correctly by gently pressing it into the card slot until you hear a click, ensuring it is properly inserted.
- 2.Make sure that the only file on your MicroSD card is the "update.zip" file. Remove any other files like "M-10.2" or "B-3.4" to allow the device to directly read the intended file.
- 3.If the "Firmware Update" info doesn't appear, restart the device.
- 4.Verify that your MicroSD card is formatted to FAT32 and does not exceed 512GB in size.
- 5.If the problem persists, try using a different MicroSD card. We typically recommend using SanDisk Ultra cards.
- 6.Double-check that you have downloaded the correct file. If your terminal version is "BTC-Only," ensure that you have downloaded the "Multi-coin to BTC-Only" version.
These steps should help you identify and resolve any issues preventing the firmware upgrade's success.