Keystone will add support for more cryptocurrencies and functions and optimize the user experience based on blockchain technology integrations, feedback, and requests from users. Upgrade to the latest firmware to experience these improvements.
1. MicroSD card (Requirements: Default FAT32 format and capacity not exceeding 512GB. Other microSD cards won’t be detected by the Keystone. MicroSD card not included with Keystone.)
Tip: Keystone can format microSD cards to FAT32. (Tutorial)
2. Computer: Used to download the firmware upgrade file.
3. MicroSD card reader (Not necessary if your laptop can read microSD cards.)
1. Insert the microSD card into your computer and download the latest firmware upgrade file from our official website. You can select the firmware upgrade you would like to download by checking the file names. Unzip the file and copy the "update.zip" file to the root directory of your microSD card.
Please be aware that once the device upgrades from a multi-coin firmware version to BTC-Only firmware, it cannot switch back to the multi-coin version.
2. Insert the microSD card into the Keystone and turn the device on.
3. Tap the 【Menu】icon, then【Settings】, then【Version】.
III. Why Can’t I Update my Keystone?
1. Please check the file directory.
2. Please check the file name.
3. Please check whether the file size is consistent with the file size on the official website in case the file has not been downloaded completely.
4. Please check the format and capacity of your microSD card.
a. Click **Windows-E** to open the computer window.
b. Right-click your microSD card in the window and choose **Format** to check the default format.
- Mac iOS
a. Search for Disk Utility in Launchpad and open it.
b. Select the Drive and click Erase to check the default format.
5. Please check whether the file was damaged due to microSD card quality problems.
Keystone has the function of formatting a microSD card to FAT32.
If your microSD card is not in FAT32 format, please read the chapter IV of this article.