Firmware versions M-5.0 (Multi-Coin) or newer allow MetaMask Mobile (V5.0.0 or newer) to be used with Keystone devices andMetaMask Mobile can be set as a watch-only wallet on your Keystone Essential or Pro.
2. Connect MetaMask Mobile V5.0.0 or newer with the Keystone Hardware Wallet.
A wallet generated by MetaMask has its recovery phrase online. This means that this recovery phrase has been connected to the network(internet).
Therefore, even if you import this recovery phrase created by MetaMask into Keystone (or any other hardware wallets) to continue managing your digital assets, this recovery phrase might already be at the risk of being attacked by hackers.
1) Run “MetaMask Mobile”. Tap [Get Started] to begin your MetaMask setup.
2) Tap [Create a new wallet] or [Import with Secret Recovery Phrase]. For the purpose of this guide, we will create a new Secret Recovery Phrase.
3) Create a password. Please try to set a strong one to maximize the security of your account.
4) Tap [View] to reveal your Secret Recovery Phrase. Then tap [Continue] for the next step. Lastly, please store your Secret Recovery Phrase in a safe and trustworthy location.
5) Re-enter your Secret Recovery Phrase to reconfirm it. Then tap [Complete back up] to finish setup.
6) You have now successfully finished setting up your MetaMask Mobile. Feel free to browse around MetaMask Mobile to familiarize yourself with its various functions and features.
1) Keystone: Tap the "Menu" icon > then Tap [Software Wallet] > then Select [MetaMask / Defi / Web3] and Tap [Confirm] on the Keystone device.
2) tap the icon on the top right corner of the toolbar > then select [Connect Software Wallet] > then choose the accounts that you are going to import and tap [Confirm].
3) MetaMask Mobile: Tap on your account profile photo > then select [Connect Hardware Wallet].
4) Tap [Continue].
5) Use your MetaMask Mobile to scan the QR code displayed on the Keystone hardware Wallet.
6) After scanning the QR code, select an account that you want to connect. Then tap [Unlock].
1) Tap [Send] and input the receiving address. Then tap [Next] for the next step.
2) Input the sending amount and tap [Next]. Before taping [Confirm with Keystone], you could tap on the estimated gas fee amount to change the max fee or make further edits in the advanced options menu (if not, please skip step 3 and move onto step 4).
3) Select the max fee amount or tap [Advanced options] to modify the configuration of the transaction fee. Tap [Save] when finishing the modifications.
4) After you’ve finished checking the transaction details, tap [Confirm with Keystone]to display the unsigned transaction in QR code format on your mobile device.
2. Sign the transaction with Keystone hardware Wallet
1) Choose MM/Defi/Web3 mode and tap the icon on the first page to scan the QR code displayed on the MetaMask Mobile app. Then tap [Sign] for the next step.
2) Enter your password after signing the transaction, then tap [Confirm].A QR code will be displayed on your Keystone hardware Wallet.
1) Scan the QR code shown on the Keystone Firmware Wallet with your mobile device using the Metamask Mobile app to finish the transaction.
2) Check your transaction information on MetaMask Mobile