This tutorial explains how to use your Keystone to directly interact with Zapper without any client interfaces (such as MetaMask or WalletConnect).
Keystone Essential or Pro allows you to use Zapper in Web3 mode. Firmware versions V1.4.2 (Multi-Coin) or newer allows Keystone to decode transactions on Zapper. Detailed instructions provided below will explain how to use your Keystone to directly interact with Zapper.
1. Keystone: Turn on the Keystone device, then select the [Menu] icon > [Watch-only Wallet]
2. Select [MetaMask / DeFi / Web3] > [Confirm] > then select [Display QR Code] to show the QR code for syncing purposes.
4. Select the [Keystone] wallet option, then click on [Sync Keystone] and scan the QR code shown on your Keystone.
5. Click on [Load More] to show all accounts and select whichever account you want to use, then click on [Done].
6. Zapper should now be successfully connected to your Keystone.
The process of exchanging ETH for other Tokens is roughly the same as exchanging Tokens for ETH. The difference is that there is no need for approval when exchanging ETH for another token. This tutorial will explain how to exchange from a Token to ETH as an example since the instructions also apply to any other exchanges between other tokens.
Tips: If this is the first time you are exchanging from Token A to ETH or to Token B, you will be required to authorize [Approve] the third party (e.g. the smart contract of Token A) to spend this Token in your wallet before you can execute the [Exchange] command.
1) Zapper: Click on [Exchange], then select the coin type (e.g. USDT) and set the amount you want to exchange. Click [Approve USDT] to get the unsigned transaction data in QR code format.
2) Keystone: Touch the “scan” icon and scan the QR code that is shown on Zapper. Confirm approval on the Keystone device and touch [Sign], then enter your password to verify the transaction. It will then show the signed transaction data in QR code format.
Please note that if your firmware version is M-9.10 or newer, the connection process on the Keystone hardware wallet has been improved.
To connect your software wallet, simply tap on [Connect Software Wallet] and then select [Zapper]. The QR code will be displayed automatically.
3) Click [Sync Keystone] and scan the QR code displayed on your Keystone device to broadcast the transaction.
1) Zapper: After the approval becomes successful, click [Exchange] to get the unsigned transaction data in QR code format.
2) Keystone: Touch the “scan” icon and scan the QR code shown on Zapper. Then, confirm the transaction details on your Keystone. Touch [Sign] and enter your password to verify the transaction. It will then show the signed transaction data in QR code format.
3) Click [Sync Keystone] and scan the QR code displayed on your Keystone to broadcast the transaction.
4) Your exchange should be executed successfully at this point.