Comment on page
Getting Started with M-10.0 or newer for Beginners
M-10.0 update connectivity with multi-chain on popular software wallets such as MetaMask, Keplr, Safe, BlueWallet, and more, thereby enhancing the user experience with ease.
This tutorial will show you how to use the Keystone Hardware Wallet version M-10.0 or newer, which has a new user interface design. We will use the Keystone Companion App to guide you through connecting software wallets, signing transactions, and managing your assets.
By following this tutorial, you'll be able to easily manage your digital assets using Keystone Hardware Wallet and the Keystone Companion App. It's designed for beginners, so don't worry if you're new to this!
- Never import software wallet recovery phrases into hardware wallets.
- Store recovery phrases offline in hardware wallets and backup them in multiple locations.
- Regularly update the hardware wallet firmware and use two-factor authentication and password protection to enhance security.
- If the recovery phrase is compromised, transfer funds to a new address and generate a new recovery phrase.
- 2.Before you begin, make sure your Keystone device is updated to Firmware version M-10.0 (Multi-Coin) or later. If you need assistance updating your firmware, refer to the “How to upgrade your firmware” tutorial.
To obtain the Keystone Companion App, simply search for "Keystone Hardware Wallet" on either the Google Store or Apple Store.
- 1.Hold your Keystone Hardware Wallet and tap [Connect Software Wallet].
- 2.Select the software wallet you want to connect with.
- 3.Select the assets you want to manage.
- 4.Tap [Confirm] and a QR code will appear.
- 1.Find the import or connect option and select [Keystone Hardware Wallet].
- 2.Scan the QR code with your camera and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
To sync your Keystone Hardware Wallet, you can tap on the "bind" or "scan" button within the Keystone Companion App, for instance.
That's it! You're now ready to securely manage your digital assets using your Keystone Hardware Wallet and your software wallet.
To send a transaction using your Keystone Hardware Wallet is easy.
Tap the scan button on Keystone Hardware Wallet to sign any transaction on its compatible software wallet. Here are the steps:
- 1.Open your software wallet (such as Keystone Companion App) and start a transaction.
- 2.Enter the recipient's address and amount, and confirm the transaction.
- 3.Hold your Keystone Hardware Wallet and tap the scan button to view the transaction details.
- 4.Enter your password and a QR code will appear.
- 5.On Keystone Companion App, tap [Scan the QR code on Keystone] to scan the QR code.
That’s it! Once the transaction is signed, it will be broadcasted to the network for processing.
- 1.Confirm that you have selected the correct cryptocurrency before proceeding to receive it.
- 2.On the main page, select the corresponding coin you wish to receive and tap on it.
- 3.Tap the address field to generate a QR code that can be scanned by your software wallet to receive your cryptocurrency.
To add or display more assets on your Keystone device is quite simple.
- 1.Hold your Keystone device and tap the "..." icon on the main page.
- 2.Select "Manage Assets" to see the assets list.
- 3.Choose the assets you want to display on the main page by selecting them.
- 4.Once you've made your selection, check them to add them to the main page.
That's it! Your selected assets will now be displayed on the main page.
- 1.Tap a coin to view its address.
- 2.Tap the "..." icon in the top-right corner.
- 3.Select "Add Address" to choose the number of accounts to display.
- 1.You can add up to 9 addresses at once. To add more, tap "Add Address" again.
- 2.Note that if you want to add token addresses, you need to do so from the main coin page. This feature is not available on the token page yet. For example, to add more BNB addresses, go to the ETH page to add them.
That's it! You've added more addresses to your Keystone device.