Firmware versions V1.4.0 (Multi-Coin) or newer allows you to use Safe with Keystone Essential or Pro. Detailed instructions provided below will explain how to use your Keystone to directly interact with Gnosis Safe and create a 2-out-of-3 multi-signature wallet with the Keystone, Ledger and MetaMask as 3 participant co-signers.
3. Ledger Live runs on a PC/Mac. Get the second owner’s address.
4. “MetaMask” extension installed on Chrome and get the third owner’s address.
1. Keystone: Turn on the Keystone device, then select the "Menu" icon > [Watch-only Wallet].
2. Select [MetaMask / DeFi / Web3] > [Confirm] > then select [Display QR Code] to show the QR code for syncing purposes.
4. Select [Keystone] to connect to Safe, then click on [Sync Keystone] and scan the QR code shown on your Keystone.
5. Show all accounts and select the [account] you want to use with Safe and click on [Done].
6. Safe should now be successfully connected to your Keystone.
1. Click on [+ Create new Safe] > Set [Safe name] and click [Start]. You can see that the first owner data has already been automatically submitted.
2. Ledger Live: Run the Ledger Live on a PC/Mac and connect with your Ledger device. Install the Ethereum app on Ledger Live and get your Ledger’s address (e.g. 0xC34A9Fc0696B185c3463c611C592621Bb4699612).
3. Click on [+ Add another owner], then set the “Owner Name” (e.g. Ledger) and “Owner Address” (e.g.0xC34A9Fc0696B185c3463c611C592621Bb4699612) . Doing so will successfully add the second co-signer.
4. MetaMask: Install “MetaMask” extension on chrome and open it to get its associated address. This tutorial demonstrates how to create a new Secret Recovery Phrase in MetaMask as the third co-signer.
1) Click on [Get Started] > [Create a Wallet] > Set a strong password and select “I have read…”, then click [Create].
2) Click on [CLICK HERE TO REVEAL SECRET WORDS] > [Next] > [Confirm] > [All Done].
3) Copy the address.
5. Click on [+ Add another owner], then set the “Owner Name” (e.g. MetaMask) and “Owner Address” (e.g. 0xc02E479E22965A147612B13Ac84d9B173D124E76). Doing so will successfully add the third co-signer.
6. Select the number of needed signatures and click [Review] > [Submit] to get the unsigned transaction data in QR code format.
7. Keystone: Touch the “scan” icon and scan the QR code shown on Gnosis Safe with your Keystone device.
8. Check if Keystone successfully decodes the transaction. If it does, then confirm the transaction details. When you finish confirming the details, press the [Sign] button below and enter your password to execute the transaction. Keystone will display a QR code with the signed transaction data.
9. Click on [Scan Keystone] on the Safe page and scan the QR code shown on your Keystone. Now, the 2-out-of-3 multi-sig wallet has been successfully created. Click on [Get started] to start managing your cryptocurrency.
This part of the tutorial will explain how to send a 2-out-of-3 multi-sig transaction on Safe on the Rinkeby testnet. And the process of "send a 2-out-of-3 multi-sig transaction on Safe" on mainnet is the same as on testnet.
1) Click on [Disconnect] to disconnect Keystone from Safe.
2) Connect your Ledger device to your computer. Please be advised that your Ledger would also need to be unlocked and the Ethereum app is selected.
3) Click on [Connect] in the Safe application > Select the Ledger option and set the path (e.g. m/44'/60'/0'/0/0) > Click on [Done] > And this would successfully connect Ledger.
1) Click on [New transaction] > [Send funds]
2) Set the “Recipient”, ”Asset” and “Amount”, then click on [Review] to review the sending details. Once you’ve confirmed all the information, click on [Submit]. A prompt box with the message: "Please sign transaction" will appear on the top right of the page.
1) Review and sign the transaction message on your Ledger.
2) You should be able to see that the transaction has completed the first confirmation on Ledger side.
1) Keystone: Touch [•••] icon > [Sync] > Keystone shows the QR code for syncing purposes.
2) Go to the Safe application and click on [Disconnect] to disconnect Ledger from Safe.
3) Once you’ve successfully disconnected your ledger device, click on [Connect] > select the Keystone option > [Sync Keystone] and scan the QR code shown on Keystone > Select the [account] you want to use with Safe and click on [Done]. Your Keystone device will then be successfully connected to Safe.
4) Click on [Confirm] > [Submit] > Safe will display the partially signed transaction data in QR code format.
5) Keystone: Touch the “scan” icon and scan the QR code shown on Safe with your Keystone.
6) Confirm the transaction details on Keystone. When you're finished confirming the transaction details, press the [Sign] button below and enter your password to execute the transaction. A QR code will be provided for the signed transaction data which you can use to scan to get the signature using your watch-only wallet.
7) Click on [Sacn Keystone] in Safe and scan the QR code with the signed transaction data shown on your Keystone device.
1) The transaction will submit automatically after the two owners have completed their signatures. You can view the completed transaction in [HISTORY].